Monday 19 August 2013

Get The Look: Neutral Makeup




My sincere apologies for being off for so long. I've missed y'all so much.
I got so many messages from people asking what was wrong and saying they missed my posts up here, especially the tips and pictures. Thanks guys, and brace yourselves 'cuz have I got lots and lots of stuffs to share :)

Oh, and for my look in the picture above, I kept it quite natural. Being a makeup artist that spends the better part of almost everyday applying makeup on others, I tend to keep my makeup as light as possible except when I'm going for events. Below are the detailed steps and products used to getting the look.



I primed my face with Marykay Oil Control Lotion ('cuz my facial skin type  is oily),then I used a light coverage of Marykay Medium Coverage Foundation in Bronze 708 to even out my skin tone.
I applied a neutral brown eyeshadow from the ELF Neutral Eyeshadow Pallet all over my lids as an eyeshadow wash and used a chocolate brown eyeshadow out of the Orekelewa Eyeshadow Pallet by Tara to contour my eyes.
I lined my upper lash line lightly with black ELF Liquid eyeliner and my inner eye rim with Sleek Kohl eye pencil. I then used a green eyeliner by FM Cosmetics on my lower lash line to add a pop of colour to an otherwise neutral eye makeup. My eyebrows were filled Eversheen Brow Pencil and highlighted with Marykay Foundation (507). A single layer of Maybelline Vibrating Mascara and I was done with my eyes!
For my lips, I lined them with a brown lip pencil and blended it in. I then applied a coppery brown liquid lipstick by Black Opal all over my lips with a dab of sheer golden lip gloss at the center of my lips and I was done with my lips.
A light dusting of Sleek Superior Cover Powder in #Woodsmoke all over my face and I was good to go! (I totally skipped blush and highlighter)

Feel free to request for stuffs you would like us to share and also ask questions,  I'll be sure to answer.
Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Adeyinka said...

Welcome back Reddins. Mε I want more of your beauty tips and makeup tutorials. The one you did on brows really helped mε

unstoppable AyoD said...

Welcome Bck

Anonymous said...

Sighs* @last! Reddins warn ursef ooo! Make sure u posts 2ce a day as ur punishment