Monday 4 March 2013

Aso Ebi Palava (1)

 
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who absolutely dreads Aso Ebi wahala. Either you are the one choosing it or the one buying it, Aso Ebi usually comes with a lot of stress (most of them avoidable). Today, I'm going to take it from the point of view of the person buying it for a friend's wedding or special occassion.

Imagine a scenario where the  wedding is coming up next week and till now, you're yet to get the Aso Ebi chosen (assumimg you've paid o). I always roll my eyes and wonder if I'm supposed to tie it as a wrapper to the event when they finally bring it 3/4 days to the wedding *mschheeww*
And then the tailor/designer drama starts. You need to see me begging and grovelling on my knees in desperation, almost promising the tailor my first born child if he will just get the Aso Ebi converted to something remotely resembling a dress, skirt or even agbada, JUST SEW SOMETHING!!! Of course, you'll always end up paying triple the normal amount, God have mercy.
But seriously, there are ways to beat the hassle associated with picking Aso Ebi for an event and this will be discussed in the next aso ebi palava series.

Quick & fabulous Ankara ideas (single pieces) to sew when in a rush. A great pair of jeans, tank top, tube, silk or chiffon blouse, colourful blazer, high heels & chunky jewellry are perfect to team with ankara single pieces.




 


6 comments:

Toyosi said...

Wow, talk about timing. i was just agonizing over which style to sew for my friend's wedding on the 16th. the short skirt and blazer just ended the debate. yay!

Anonymous said...

Nice one there

Anonymous said...

Nice one there

Cara said...

Walahi! The stress of deciding the style to make is so pissing...at least for me. This is coming at the right time cos I have some aso ebi to sew and d styles just keep eluding me. Great piece, darlyn.

Anonymous said...

This is great! Keet it coming, dear.

CHRIS said...

This piece is an eye opener. Keep it up!